Student and Faculty Tools
Teachers and students are on the leading edge of the massage field — creating the professional identity of the next generation of massage practitioners.
Below you will find resources to help you in studying anatomy, reading and writing articles, building lesson plans, and connecting with the integrative healthcare world. Visit our Research Tools page for additional links.
Research Literacy Courses
Basics of Research Literacy – Learn more about the basics of research literacy in an 8-hour NCBTMB-approved online course.
Teaching Research Literacy – Educators can learn to incorporate fundamental principles of research literacy into their core curriculum.
The Foundation is often contacted about educational scholarships for massage therapy students. We no longer offer scholarship assistance as we aim to help students through our current tools and programs. However, the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA) does offer several scholarships for students, for more information click here.
- The Foundation is often contacted about educational scholarships for massage therapy students. We no longer offer scholarship assistance as we aim to help students through our current tools and programs. However, the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA) does offer several scholarships for students, for more information click here.
Case Report Resources
- The Literature Search
- Sample case reports – Past Practitioner Winners, Past Student Winners
- “The Case for Case Reports” – Diana Thompson, LMP. Published in the January/February 2011 issue of Massage and Bodywork Magazine.
- “Writing a Case Report: Where to Start” – Jerrilyn Cambron, LMT, DC, MPH, PhD. Published in the March 2011 issue of Massage Today.
- “Writing a Massage Therapy Case Report” – by 2010 Practitioner Case Report Contest Gold Winner Rosemary Chunco.
- Writing Case Reports: Free Five-Part Webinar Series
- Adaptation of the CARE Guidelines for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork Publications: Efforts to Improve the Impact of Case Reports – Niki Munk, PhD, LMT, Karen Boulanger, PhD, CMT. Published in the 2014 International Journal of Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork, Vol. 7, No. 3.
- Designing Conference Posters by Colin Purrington
- Sample Posters: AMTA National Convention Massage Therapy Foundation Poster Presentations and Abstracts
- Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine
- Integrative Medicine, A Clinicians Journal
- International Journal of Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork: Research, Education, & Practice (IJTMB)
- Journal of Bodywork & Movement Therapies
- Massage & Bodywork
- Massage Magazine
- Manual Therapy
- Massage Therapy Canada
- Massage Therapy Journal
- Massage Therapy Practice
- Massage Today
- Glossary of Research Terms – PDF (an excerpt from G. Hymel: Research Methods for Massage and Holistic Therapies, ISBN 0-323-03292-3.)
- PubMed Tutorials
- Glossary of Clinical Trial Terms
- Research Knowledge Database
- Article On Scientific ‘Proof’
Locate Full Text Articles
- Trigger Point & Referred Pain Guide
- Orthopedic Tests
- MedlinePlus – Dictionary, Drug/Herb Reference, etc.
- Mayo Clinic Health Info
- Medscape Reference (Diseases & Procedures)
- Anatomy Atlases
- Interactive Atlases – Digital Atonomist Project
- Tufts University Medical Resources
- Exercise Review Tool
- Instant Anatomy Reference