2022 International Massage Therapy Research Conference
Research is crucial to moving the profession forward. It inspires and educates massage therapists on how to apply the latest science when working with clients. Held every three years, IMTRC conferences provide an opportunity to contextualize and evaluate scholarly research findings and bring together an engaged community of thought leaders, educators, therapists, and allied health practitioners to discuss massage therapy research.
The 2022 International Massage Therapy Research Conference (IMTRC), in Alexandria, Va., will provide attendees with an excellent opportunity to learn about the latest innovations while connecting with colleagues and researchers. Participants can join thought leaders in a series of fascinating presentations about the latest massage therapy research.
Who should attend?
- Massage Therapists interested in current research on the science behind and efficacy of massage therapy for various health needs they see in their practice;
- Educators involved in the initial training and continuing education of massage therapists;
- Researchers studying the clinical and mechanistic impacts of massage therapy;
- Health and wellness practitioners, including stakeholders in the massage profession, and the CIM and traditional health professionals with whom we share and refer patients; and
- Schools (Students) – the future of the profession.
The Massage Therapy Foundation encourages massage therapy researchers to submit abstracts for potential presentation at the conference. The exploration and sharing of massage therapy research is vital for advancing the profession. It inspires and educates massage therapists on how to achieve better outcomes for their clients.
The IMTRC 2022 Call for Abstracts is open; deadline is September 13, 2021.
The IMTRC 2022 Call for Posters is open; deadline is January 14, 2022.
Please click the button below and create a profile in the grant portal to apply:
For more information contact: IMTRC@massagetherapyfoundation.org
Thank you to the American Massage Therapy Association
for being the presenting sponsor for IMTRC 2022