Student and Faculty Tools
Teachers and students are on the leading edge of the massage field — creating the professional identity of the next generation of massage practitioners.
Below you will find resources to help you in studying anatomy, reading and writing articles, building lesson plans, and connecting with the integrative healthcare world. Visit our Research Tools page for additional links.
How to Become a Massage Therapist – For those newly to entering the profession.
Research Literacy Courses
Basics of Research Literacy – Learn more about the basics of research literacy in an 8-hour NCBTMB-approved online course.
- American Massage Therapy Association Scholarships
- Beauty Schools Directory of Massage Therapy Scholarships
- Successful Hands Grant Program
Case Report Resources
Looking for resources to write your own case report? Find everything you need in the MTF Case Report Hub.
- Designing Conference Posters by Colin Purrington
- Research Posters – Gallery of posters from past MTF Poster Sessions
- Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine
- Integrative Medicine, A Clinicians Journal
- International Journal of Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork: Research, Education, & Practice (IJTMB)
- Journal of Bodywork & Movement Therapies
- Massage & Bodywork
- Massage Magazine
- Manual Therapy
- Massage Therapy Canada
- Massage Therapy Journal
- Massage Therapy Practice
- Massage Today
- 2019 eBook: Instructors Guide to Teaching Research Literacy – Free eBook from MTF containing step-by-step information on learning about research
- Glossary of Research Terms – PDF (an excerpt from G. Hymel: Research Methods for Massage and Holistic Therapies, ISBN 0-323-03292-3.)
- PubMed Tutorials
- Glossary of Clinical Trial Terms
- Research Knowledge Database
- Article On Scientific ‘Proof’
Locate Full Text Articles
- Trigger Point & Referred Pain Guide
- Orthopedic Tests
- MedlinePlus – Dictionary, Drug/Herb Reference, etc.
- Mayo Clinic Health Info
- Medscape Reference (Diseases & Procedures)